Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What's Up?

I can’t believe it’s been a month since my surgery! My last post was about letting go and letting God. This is  just what I did. I guess time flies when you are having fun enjoying life and feeling better. Here’s a summary of what’s been going on.

My surgery ended up taking 6 hours! I knew and the doctors knew I had severe Endometriosis, so seeing all the organs in my pelvic region wrapped in a gigantic ball of  Endometriosis wasn't a revelation.   My doctor removed all the Endo or disease and restored my anatomy. I mean literally put things back where they were supposed to be.  I was pretty out of it afterwards but I only stayed the night. My dad and sister came up to be part of my support system. They were awesome. Of course Tim was a wonderful care taker by coaching me back to health. I was completely down for a week but went home to Tennessee the weekend after. My in-laws were so gracious in letting me recover at their home but there is nothing like being in your own bed!  
At my 2 week follow up I was impressed at how well my incisions had healed. I had a little bruising but only 4 1 inch to 2 inch scares. It’s pretty amazing what modern medicine can do now. I feel wonderful!

So after celebrating the 4th in St. Louis and seeing Bonnie Raitt, I decided to travel to see my brother’s family in the Tulsa area. The Tousley’s were also so gracious to let me stay in their guest cabin and enjoy their company. What a wonderful visit!







On the way home I stopped in Springfield, MO to visit my worldly friend, Jen visiting “home” after teaching in Dubai. It’s always fun catching up with an old friend.


Now I’m home experiencing some high quality training to learn more strategies to meet all my learners needs this coming year. Can you believe school is just around the corner? In about a week Tim and I are going floating. This will be our last summer escape before school…Place TBA. J 


Many people are asking me where we are in the adoption process.  We are still waiting to be selected by a birth mother/birth family. I know our profile book has been shown but no bites at this time. I’m sure the Lord knows what He’s doing.  I’ m just trusting Him. What an abundant life I lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment