Friday, June 13, 2014

Idina Menzel Sings It Best

LET IT GO! Who knew that these three words strung together could be so hard to live up to? Even singing the “song of the year” is easier than actually doing it. I, Greta struggle with control. But I am walking a path called #adoption and after doing everything I can (perfectly) I don’t always have control on this path. Tim is better with giving it to God and trusting the path than me.

 When I think of control, I think of the song Control by Janet Jackson.  Janet was singing about taking control of her life and making her own choices. Sing it with me now! But control is also knowing when to let go and give it to the Man Upstairs. I am learning to trust this journey even when it doesn't always make sense.

When you adopt some things look promising and then they fall through. It’s kind of frustrating, this roller-coaster ride. But after a while you have to trust that the Lord is watching out for you and fighting your battles. He wants the best for you, Jeremiah 29:11. That verse always gives me peace and peace is what I have now. Some doors have closed in my face not because of my pride or incapacity or arrogance but simply because I knew they no longer lead anywhere. Just like what Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.” That is so hard.



But like a dork I actually did what this woman in this picture is doing. I threw my worries up to God and said you can have this. Me, Greta, let it go finally! What peace I finally feel and how fun it is living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time and accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.

#deepbreath

Thanks for being on this crazy beautiful journey with me!





No comments:

Post a Comment