Monday, March 24, 2014

We Are Adopted Plain and Simple


I can’t believe this journey we are on. We take small steps everyday getting closer to our children. I wish I knew what will transpire. But this journey has brought me closer to my Father. No not James Wayne but our Heavenly Father upstairs. I am not minister or writer but I am an ordinary person trying to figure out this crazy thing called life. I try because I know that God made me and you to be extraordinary and he has a plan for all us. (Don't you feel that tug at your heart?) I was born to my mom and dad but I’m adopted by Jesus Christ. All Christians are adopted into the family of God. But, how did we become adopted? The Bible tells us that by receiving Jesus into our lives and believing in His name we gain the right to become God’s children.

John 1:10-13 says of Jesus,
“He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.” (NIV) 

The Man upstairs does not show favoritism between His family members and neither should we. In His eyes we are united together as one family, a family that is connected through His son, Jesus Christ. I personally know a couple of families that have adopted. And by the natural eye you can see the children are adopted because of their nationally or racial background but if you close your eyes you can hear their conversations. In their conversations you would never be able to construe their differences.

God’s intentions are clear in Ephesians 1:5,
“His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure.” (NLT)
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.” (Romans 8:14-16, NLT)

When Tim and I become instant parents we will be committed to our children, like God committed himself to us, His adopted children. He is also a father to the fatherless, loving His children unconditionally. It is comforting to know that regardless of our parent’s failures (though mine were perfect), we can rest in the unfailing love of our Heavenly Father.

Jeremiah 29:11 reassures us of the Lord’s dedication,
“For I know I have plans for you." declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you  and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

How cool is that?
Love,

Tim and Greta



No comments:

Post a Comment