Monday, February 10, 2014

Edometriosis

Endometriosis is a condition where endometrial tissue, normally found in the uterus, is found elsewhere in the pelvic region, most often in the pelvic cul-de-sac behind the uterus and pelvic sidewalls, ovaries, and even over the bowel and bladder. In addition to discomfort, endometriosis can lead to chronic pelvic pain, adhesions, and even infertility.  This from The Center for Endometriosis

This what I have. It's been almost a year since I found out this was the root of all the agony and pain in my life. When it takes so much from you and you are told there is no cure, naturally curiosity takes over. Curiosity for a better life doesn't kill the cat. Not finding answers might. I found this place named after my disease on the 'World Wide Web' and wanted to go there but guess what people my insurance at the time didn't cover any of the doctors at the center. So I did the best I could with what I had, and received care that didn't amount to the results I was hoping for.

This last Thursday we went to Center For Endometriosis (it's now covered under my new insurance) and both Tim and I were amazed at the knowledge, skill and technology this center had. We met with the Director and we came up with a plan to improve my quality of life. Bottom line I should not be taking so many over the counter pain relievers to mask the pain I feel every month, it is not normal.  A doctor finally understood. I mean I am in the prime of my life! *wink, wink*
I will be a mother someday (here soon) and I want to be an active mom not a mom that has to take a week off every month.

So you might be asking...
Can Endometriosis be prevented with early diagnosis and complete excision?
Read the article above and find out.


It was a great day! I am glad we made the drive. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment